Blogger/Contributor, Iconography the Magazine Blog, Baltimore, MD
- Blog about the latest in beauty trends, editorials, street style and deals.
Staff Writer/Journalist, SHYMagazine.com, Washington, D.C.
- Interview notable D.C. area nightlife figures and write stories on current beauty, fashion and nightlife trends and events.
Book Reviewer, Kiwibox.com, New York, NY
- Wrote entertaining and engaging book reviews for teens.
City Pulse Editor, BeautyNewsNYC.com, New York, NY
- Generated, assigned and edited stories about New York City beauty, fashion, culture and events for weekly e-mail newsletter.
- Reported on beauty and fashion for two NY Fashion Weeks by going backstage and interviewing hairstylists, make-up artists and designers.
Intern/Editorial Assistant, VIBE Magazine/VibeVixen.com, New York, NY
- Conducted research for upcoming stories and transcribed interviews for associate editor.
- Assisted in day-to-day maintenance and production of VibeVixen.com web content by writing, editing, formatting and uploading stories to the web site.
Contributing Beauty Assistant, Vibe Vixen Magazine, New York, NY
3/2007- 4/2007; 5/2007- 6/2007
- Assisted Beauty department by researching beauty stories and writing copy for both the magazine and website.
- Corresponded with public relations companies to develop relationships, called-in products and attended beauty industry events.
- Organized beauty closet, updated contact list and filed press releases to ensure efficient recovery.
Winter Editorial Intern, Girls’ Life Magazine, Baltimore, MD
- Assisted the editorial team with article, fashion and beauty research and the online team with blog research and ideas.
- Responded to letters with advice regarding teen girl issues and wrote pieces for the website and magazine.
Beauty Intern, Vibe Vixen Magazine, New York, NY
- Assisted with beauty stories by recommending products, then corresponding with public relations firms to call-in products.
- Organized beauty closet and filed beauty press releases in relevant folders.
Other publications I've worked/written for: Collegeclub.com, RelateMag.com, Baltimore Magazine, What's Up? Annapolis Magazine, Iconography Magazine
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Arts in Writing Seminars
MS Office (Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe InDesign CS/CS2, Adobe Photoshop, FileMaker Pro, QuarkXpress, Dreamweaver, Bricolage and basic HTML.
References available on request.